You are probably used to learning online on a daily basis, including looking at “how to … ” videos to learn practical skills and using your phone for instant information. More formal online learning is likely to be important for you in the future, either at university or in the workplace. Learning online is different to learning in the classroom, it needs different skills. The course “Learning Online: Learning and Collaborating” will help you to develop those skills, showing you how to become an effective online learner and communicate effectively when working with others in an online environment.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’. You can sign up to the other courses in this series through the Going to University collection.
- An interest in becoming an effective online learner and communicator;
- No previous knowledge or experience of learning online is required.
Learning Online: Learning and Collaborating – Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- Managing your time;
- Organizing your learning environment;
- Taking notes;
- Joining discussions;
- Communicating with other learners in an online environment;
- Working with others in the classroom;
- Collaborating with others online.
Throughout the course you will join a community of online learners, providing an opportunity for interactive learning with other students both in the UK and internationally.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Published by: University of Leeds
- Educators: Neil Morris and Carol Elston
- Duration: 2 weeks x 2 hours per week
- Start Dates: 7 March and 4 April, 2016
- Certificates available