Mathematics is one of the oldest and most important sciences. Mathematical knowledge is indispensable for any analytical work and understanding. In its beginnings, it was firmly linked to other sciences like astronomy and physics. Later it partially evolved into an independent science called “pure mathematics”.
The Alison free “Pre-Algebra Mathematics” course will guide you through several different areas of mathematics such as integers, one-step equations, inequalities, equations, graphs, functions, percent and probabilities. There is also an introduction to geometry and right triangles. This course is ideal for learners who want to gain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of topics in pre-algebra which they can build on in later courses.
Pre-Algebra Mathematics Course Content
This course will enable you to improve your algebra skills while gaining a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Pre- Algebra. You will learn about integers, equations, fractions and much more. The course is divided into twelve modules and each module is divided into several lessons. Under each lesson you will find theory, examples and video lessons. The course includes the following topics:
- How to apply operations in the right order, evaluate expressions and identify properties;
- The meaning and calculation of a coordinate system, ordered pairs, inequalities, absolute values;
- How to solve equations in different ways;
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide integers;
- Polynomials, binomials and factorization;
- Arithmetic: integers, rational numbers, geometric sequences of numbers, and scientific notation;
- Calculate the circumference of a circle;
- Different ways that you can represent graphs and functions;
- Ratios and percentages;
- Probability and statistics such as mean, median, mode and much more;
- Geometry: circle graphs, angles, parallel lines, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons and transformations;
- Measuring the area and volume of shapes such as pyramids, prisms, cylinders and cones.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 4-5 Hours
- Publisher: Math Planet
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Lower High/ Secondary School