If you are actively looking for employment and or already in employment but are considering applying for a new position, then as a first atep you will need to prepare your Résumé and Cover Letter. “Job Search Skills – Preparing Your Résumé and Cover Letter” is a free online course which is designed for anyone who wants to undertake a job application campaign to successfully acquire a new job. The course breaks down the job application process, so you can ensure that you can identify and apply for your ideal job.
Job Search Skills: Preparing Your Résumé and Cover Letter – Course Content
This course includes the following topics:
- The importance of a structure to categorize the very broad job market;
- Ways of identifying your ideal job target by focusing on a specific industry, function, and geography to ensure that the job will suit your personal requirements;
- The importance of translating your job interests to the three-element structure;
- How to find specific industries, functions, and geographies of interest;
- How a résumé is a marketing document that sells your candidacy and represents you when you are not there;
- The importance of having a well written résumé and cover letter to demonstrate to any potential employer that you are the best candidate for the position.
- How to quantify your accomplishments and create a résumé that proves your worth to employers;
- The importance of clarity when writing a résumé;
- The preliminary work needed to write a cover letter that has purpose and gets noticed.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 2-3 Hours
Publisher: Saylor Foundation