Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.
Good communication skills are an important element for a business or organization to function effectively and for the development of good relationships between work colleagues within a business and with clients and customers outside a business. So while it’s important to work on your technical skills and abilities, it’s equally important to hone your soft skills to present a more rounded you at your next interview. The Alison free online course “Diploma in Business Communication Skills” will help you develop effective communication skills for the workplace, from enhancing your professional writing techniques to improving your interpersonal and presentation skills.
This course will be of great interest to all business professionals who want to improve their communication skills, and to any learner who is about to enter the world of business and wants to develop an engaging and responsive communication style.
Diploma in Business Communication Skills Course Content
The course will help you develop effective communication skills for the workplace, from enhancing your professional writing techniques to improving your interpersonal and presentation skills. The course includes the following topics:
- The rules that govern written language;
- The planning process and essential elements of a business document;
- How to prepare for and conduct business meetings;
- Teamwork and explain how to overcome various challenges to group success;
- The steps in the process of planning a presentation;
- How to assess the expectations of your audience and engage with them effectively;
- Overcoming common obstacles in public speaking;
- The concept of cross-cultural communication and its importance in the modern globalized workplace;
- How to facilitate intercultural communication;
- How to prepare for an international assignment and effective strategies for living and working abroad.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 10-15 Hours
- Publisher: NPTEL
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Higher High Secondary School