“Introduction to Job Search Skills” is a free ALISON online course which is designed for anyone who is beginning or is actively involved in a job search. The course covers different scenarios from students looking for internships or entering the workforce for the first time, to experienced professionals re-entering the workforce, changing industry/role or relocating. This course breaks down each scenario and describes what you should do to ensure that you secure your ideal job.
This course will be of great interest to anyone who is actively looking for employment or considering a career change. It will also be of great interest to all professionals in the areas of career coaching and career guidance counseling.
Introduction to Job Search Skills Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- Choosing a potential career path;
- How internships can be extremely helpful in your career;
- Identify exactly what you want to do and not want to do;
- How to talk about gaps in a truthful and positive way;
- Overcome other potential obstacles relating to employment gaps;
- The difference between a career change and a traditional job search;
- Strategies for modifying a job search to account for a career change;
- Looking for a job based in a location other than where you are;
- How to successfully complete a long-distance search;
- The Six-Step Job Search Process and how it can be used to secure your ideal job.
Summary of Main Course Features
Duration: 1-2 Hours
Publisher: Saylor Foundation