Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.
In the free online course “How to Plan Your Career Path” Stan Christensen (a partner at Arbor Advisors) advises doing as much informational interviewing as you can to ensure you pick a career path that you will enjoy and be a good fit for your interests. He says that when you are planning a career not to be overly concerned with a linear path, if you are savvy and willful you can work your way into most careers. He outlines a few of the erroneous career assumptions that will help you avoid picking the wrong job.
How to Plan Your Career Path – Course Content
- How a career/life balance is important;
- How a career where you are constantly overworking is unhealthy;
- The art of negotiation and relationship management;
- How to conduct effective salary negotiations and other tips on job negotiations;
- How men and women negotiate for compensation differently;
- Why the last impression you make in a job is even more critical than the first.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: Stanford
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes