In the free online course “How to Plan Your Career Path” Stan Christensen (a partner at Arbor Advisors) advises doing as much informational interviewing as you can to ensure you pick a career path that you will enjoy and be a good fit for your interests. He says that when you are planning a career not to be overly concerned with a linear path, if you are savvy and willful you can work your way into most careers. He outlines a few of the erroneous career assumptions that will help you avoid picking the wrong job.
How to Plan Your Career Path – Course Content
- How a career/life balance is important;
- How a career where you are constantly overworking is unhealthy;
- The art of negotiation and relationship management;
- How to conduct effective salary negotiations and other tips on job negotiations;
- How men and women negotiate for compensation differently;
- Why the last impression you make in a job is even more critical than the first.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: Stanford
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes