Traditionally mathematics holds a firm place in education, starting with elementary school and going right up to university teaching dealing with a vast variety of mathematical applications and services.
Alison’s free “Geometry in Mathematics” course provides a comprehensive introduction to geometrical methods and techniques, covering angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons and more. It is ideal for complementing face-to-face classes, as a study guide, or for those who would like to refresh their knowledge of mathematics.
Geometry in Mathematics Course Content
The course will enable you to improve your geometry skills online through this comprehensive introduction to quadrilaterals, angles, intersecting lines and more. The course includes the following topics:
- Equilateral, isosceles, scalene, acute-angled, right-angled, and obtuse-angled triangles;
- How to calculate different types of angles in circles, rectangles and triangles;
- Quadrilaterals and the properties of a square, rectangle, parallelogram, rhombus, trapezium and kite;
- The rotational symmetry of a polygon;
- Geometrical solids, such as spheres, hemispheres, toruses and prisms;
- Transformations such as reflections and rotations.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Publisher: XSIQ
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes