Have you ever wanted to be Self-Employed? Do you have some ideas for new products to sell? Have you got what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
In the free online course “Critical Skills for Entrepreneurs“, Jerry Kaplan (a widely known serial entrepreneur, executive, technical innovator and author) explains what the best qualities of serial entrepreneurs are and the five biggest mistakes that entrepreneurs make.
This course will be of great interest to business professionals, entrepreneurs, business students and anyone with a general interest in gaining a better knowledge and understanding of the critical skills needed by entrepreneurs to create successful businesses.
Critical Skills for Entrepreneurs Course Content
The course includes the following topics:
- The five biggest mistakes that entrepreneurs make;
- The best qualities of successful entrepreneurs;
- The five critical skills that entrepreneurs need: leadership, communication, decision-making, being a team player and the ability to telescope;
- The vital importance of sales skills and recruiting people to sell for you;
- How the timing of an idea is very important and why it is very difficult to call;
- The types of risks that companies face when they start off and how the trick is to get the risk out as soon as possible;
- The best time to start a business;
- Business leaders to respect (e.g., Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos);
- How to establish culture and values in a company early on;
- How roles change within a company when there is a transition away from R&D.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Publisher: Stanford
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes