Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.
The free three week course “How to Succeed at Interviews” has been designed and developed by experts from The Careers Service at The University of Sheffield. Because being offered an interview can be quite daunting, they’ve put together a set of materials to help you prepare and be successful on the day. The course provides the tools you need to succeed at interviews and land your dream job or course place. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills.
No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
How to Succeed at Interviews Course Content
The course is highly participative and includes articles for you to read, videos to watch and interactive material with tips to help you better understand how to prepare for your interview. The course content includes:
- Researching the organization so you can answer that frequently asked question ‘why do you want to work for us?’
- What to wear (and what not to wear);
- Common interview questions;
- Tips from employers and admissions tutors on what they look for in candidates;
- The types of questions you should be asking the interviewers;
- Preparing for different types of interview including via telephone or video or within a group setting;
- Preparing for tests and practical work that may be included as part of the interview process.
Throughout the course you’ll be encouraged to collect a portfolio of your work which will help you with future interviews. By the end of three weeks you should have the confidence to perform at your very best at interview.
Summary of the Main Course Features
Educators: Pamela Hafekost, Hilary Jones, Alison Clay, Marcus Zientek and Steve McCarthy
Publisher: The University of Sheffield
Duration: 3 weeks x 3 hours per week
Start Date: 29 February, 2016