If you want to work out the best time to visit San Francisco, take a look at this selection of festivals in San Francisco. You can find information about the finest annual events and celebrations in San Francisco in this article. No matter when you go there, you’ll always run into so many things to do. One thing you should keep in mind is that the dates of the events are sometimes changed, so make sure to double-check the information prior to planning your trip.
You can read more about these festivals at: http://www.triprules.com/a-year-of-festivals-in-san-francisco/
This fun festival features a huge public gathering of men and women dressed as Santas and is mostly free.
New Year’s Eve (December)
Union Square is the most popular gathering spot, but there are also new trendy hot spots, where you can join the celebration.
Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Celebration (January)
The highlight of the celebration is the procession of civil rights advocates
San Francisco Sketchfest (January)
This nationally recognized showcase demonstrating the talent of Sketch comedy groups, local stand-up and top quality comedic performances is a strong reason to visit San Francisco in winter.
San Francisco Tribal, Folk & Textile Arts Show (February)
The aim of this event is to promote the arts of tribal cultures.
Lunar New Year (February)
The Chinese Lunar New Year and the Vietnamese New Year are celebrated in the same week, and lots of people of Asian, Latino and African-American origin join in the multicultural celebration.
San Francisco IndieFest (February)
This event comprises three annual festivals: the SF Independent Film Festival (SF Indie), the SF Documentary Festival (DocFest) and Another Hole in the Head film festival.
Ask a Scientist’s Pi Day Puzzle Party (March)
Science enthusiasts compete individually or in teams in a relaxed casual atmosphere, bringing the fun and excitement of science to a broader society.
St. Patrick’s Day Parade (March)
Local Irish Dance groups, bagpipe players in kilted skirts, labor unions form the procession of this green-hued day.
Further details of the above and the following festivals can be found on the Trip Rules website:
- St. Stupid’s Day Parade (April)
- Cherry Blossom Festival (April)
- Earth Day Festival SF (April)
- Easter Sunday with Hunky Jesus Contest (April)
- San Francisco International Film Festival (April)
- How Weird Street Festival (May)
- Cinco de Mayo (May)
- Bay to Breakers (May)
- Carnival (May)
- San Francisco Silent Film Festival (May)
- Stern Grove Festival (June)
- Union Street Festival (June)
- Haight Ashbury Street Fair (June)
- San Francisco Jazz Festival (June)
- North Beach Festival (June)
- Annual World Naked Bike Ride (June)
- Summer Solstice (June)
- San Francisco LGBT Pride Parade (June)
- San Francisco Marathon (August)
- Outside Lands (August)
- San Francisco Street Food Festival (August)
- Ghirardelli Square Chocolate Festival (September)
- Treasure Island Music Festival (October)
- Halloween in San Francisco (October)
- Dia de los Muertos (November)