Everyone has heard of the famous Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, but there are many other carnivals and festivals in the world. Happy people gather from all around the world to take part in these cheerful festivals, and if you plan your holidays well, you can join them.
Here is a summary of an article on 10 of the most colorful festivals in the world. You can find out more details by reading the original article at: http://www.triprules.com/10-of-the-biggest-and-most-colorful-festivals-in-the-world/
1. Jamaica Carnival in Kingston, Jamaica
This is one of the youngest and most colorful carnivals in the world.
2. Mardi Gras Carnival in New Orleans, United States
The New Orleans is known for its Mardi Gras Carnival, which is held at the beginning of March. Y
3. King of Masquerades Carnival in Nice, France
The Nice Carnival is the most popular winter-spring event on the French Riviera.
4. Carnival of Basel in Basel, Switzerland
This colorful carnival is the biggest one in Switzerland, held in Basel between February and March and lasts for three days.
5. Goa Carnival in Panaji, India
This interesting carnival was first held in 1961 and since then, it’s one of the locals’ favorite festivals.
6. Carnival of Venice in Venice, Italy
Carnevale di Venezia is one of the most world famous carnivals held in the second half of February every year.
7. Cologne Carnival in Cologne, Germany
This crazy carnival is one of the most famous events in Germany and plays a very important role in Cologne, the fourth largest city in Germany.
8. Patras Carnival in Peloponnese, Greece
The world famous Patras Carnival lasts for two months, from January to March.
9. Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife in the Canary Islands, Spain
This famous carnival is the second largest and most popular one in the world. It is held in Santa Cruz de Tenerife every year in February.
10. Rio Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is the largest and the most energetic festival in the world. It is held before Lent every year in the second week of February and lasts for four days.